Wednesday, November 06, 2013
HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up!!!
I thought I was dreaming that I was in the commercial for Life Alert where I had fallen but couldn't get up...and then I realized it was NO dream. On Tuesday morning I was going into the laundry room when my comfy slippers slipped (is that why they call them "slippers"?) and I crashed to the floor. Literally crashed. I hit my right shoulder, right hip, and my front teeth. I let out a yell and dad came running. I couldn't move to get up- I just lay there crying. I knew something bad had happened to my body but my arm hurt so much that I couldn't put any weight on it to lift myself up. After maybe 5 minutes I was able to get up, with dad's help, and he called Dr. Rada. I got x-rays taken and nothing is broken or dislocated- just lots and lots of pain. Dr. Rada said that I can't drive for a week until I see him again. And he prescribed percoset for me- 75 pills which covers about 2 weeks of pain. As you can see in the picture, my lip is turning multi-shades of blue and purple. At first it looked like I had gone overboard on botox! One of my front teeth has a crack and still hurts even through percoset so I am very blessed that I didn't knock it out. And blessed that nothing was broken. Today I have been mainly sleeping and eating soup. Here is a picture of how my lip looked yesterday, my blue/purple moustache today, and a picture of the offending slippers which, by the way, are being tossed out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
no more botox allowed!
Oh no, I have slippers just like that! They also, are getting thrown out! So yucky! I'm glad you didn't break anything, but still... hope recovery is quick!
Post a Comment