Crockett Fun in the Sun

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Worn Out Shoes

When Elder Crockett got home from his mission,
he showed us his worn-out shoes. And I really do
mean WORN OUT (with capitals)! The bottoms were
split so badly that rocks could get in the splits; the
back of one was kept together with duct tape; the
heels were so run down that the shoes slanted inward!!!


















Today though I was sooo glad that Mark had not thrown
these shoes away. My friend Dianne called and asked
if we had an old pair of dress shoes that she could use
as a visual for her R.S. lesson today. I found the shoes
stashed in Mark's closet- they were perfect for this
lesson. She had a sign with them: "My life is like my
shoes- To be worn out in service. Pres. Kimball"










Dianne did say though that she had to
be careful not to breathe in when she
was close to the shoes- they are powerful!!!

1 comment:

carole said...

Great object lesson - but she must have really wanted to make a point if she couldn't breathe deeply around the shoes!!!