Crockett Fun in the Sun

Friday, December 07, 2018

Don & Carole's Birthdays

On Friday, Dec. 7th, Carole came over for a special birthday dinner she chose of lettuce wraps and pineapple. Then at 7 pm we celebrated Don's 46th birthday and Carole's 50th birthday with a family party (Mesa Crocketts, Nays, and dad and me). This was Carole's actual birth date and just 2 days after Don's. Don got a group gift of a smoker and some small presents. Carole also got a bunch of presents. I had fun getting our gift to her- a special blue and chrome Waterman pen. Like Carole says, she has never met a pen or a knife that she doesn't like! And then the most special present was the last one. I made a binder for her with "Happy Birthday Carole" on the front and filled with blank acetate holders. She thought she knew what was inside and was surprised to see the holders were blank. I had asked Savannah to help, so when Carole was puzzled as to what the pages were for, Savannah got into her acting mode and said "I know what you can use those for" and ran to get a large envelope off my desk. It was filled with letters- 51 of them- from EACH person in our family and from 4 friends. Carole can choose to open them all at once or one at a time. I think her birthday was one that will be filled with happy memories instead of the stigma 50 years old.

No comments: