Crockett Fun in the Sun

Monday, November 26, 2012

THANKS for Thanksgiving!

After watching the traditional Thanksgiving Dog Show we headed over to Don & Adrianne's with Carole. She brought her yummy potatoes & some beans. She also brought HUGE olives- perfect for fingers!  This was the first year in about 40 years that I have NOT done a turkey! I traded assignments with Adrianne so I brought rolls, salad, and the pumpkin pie & whip cream. Don & Adrianne did the turkey, the dressing, stuffed celery, gravy. Our plates were loaded with delicious food!  It was fun to sit in the dining room and use the fancy silverware (that the girls had polished and set out). We enjoyed the night together and played games after cleaning up (Adrianne & Dad in the kitchen) and after Don got soup started using those turkey bones. We also got to see Elijah's garden plot- it was dug on Thursday and Don and Elijah were planning on planting it on Friday. It sure is fun to have such gorgeous weather to have a garden in December & January!!!



No comments: