Crockett Fun in the Sun

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Jenny Christina

I couldn't just write about this- I needed pictures! I
have had sooooo much fun looking at, researching, and
dressing my birthday doll. After much deliberation, I
picked a name for her- it had to be perfect. She is now
officially Jenny Christina. I also knew that with all the
shoes dad gave me, I needed some clothes to go with
those fun shoes :)
Soooooo, after talking with my consultants (R, B, & C),
here are some fun clothes for Jenny. You KNOW that
I got them at a good price, using coupons. What fun!
Also, I rearranged the "Doll Room" so that she (and
her clothes) have a prominent place. Since today is
Sunday, here is her Sunday outfit.




















On Monday when she is anxious to exercise &
walk in this beautiful Phoenix weather, she will
be all ready. She loves her new pink crocs- a girl
really can't have too many shoes!





















But I could see that Jenny was lonely so I had
fun with one other thing. Last Mother's Day when I
received an Amazon gift certificate from Ben, Rachel,
& Amelia (Lily wasn't in the picture yet), I looked
& searched for something perfect to get but I just
wasn't able to find something super special...until
now! Soooooooooo- I got a doll for my doll!!! Meet
Molly. Do they look alike??? Pigtails with red
ribbons, sweaters, glasses??? (I made the bigger
sweater yesterday just so they could match!) Isn't
this just too cute??? Thanks to everyone for a great,
original present that I absolutely love & will have
fun with for a long time! AND Savannah & Sarah &
Anna & Alice & Adelyn won't have to worry that
Grandma would want to "borrow" their dolls!

5 comments:

ruthio said...

i am still trying to figure out how you made that sweater for her. i love the "arizona casual" outfit. super cute. and savannah would definitely approve of the sunday ensemble. she dressed her doll up today too. glad you're having so much fun with her. i love love the new doll you got for your doll.

Ducksfly2gether said...

I also reread the part about making the sweater. Did you even have a pattern?

carole said...

The sweater looks GREAT! I am so impressed. What a fun thing - to have a doll for your doll.

Grandma C said...

Okay- you need to know, first of all, that I did NOT take the doll to Church- even though she looked so nice. Second, I "made" the sweater by buying 2 thrift store sweaters, cutting out pieces from both (no pattern to use but LOTS of blue yarn lint all over the place)& sewing together the pieces. It probably would have been much easier & quicker to make by knitting!

ruthio said...

i really like your doll grandma crockett. i wish i could see it soon but maybe next christmas i can come and see it. me and evie have been hoping to come and see you. we really hope we could see you soon. we can maybe come before christmas. i like your doll's clothes and shoes. she is very cute.
love savannah